Romans 8:31-39 was my reading for today. There is SOOOO much to unpack in this passage, but what really caught my attention this morning was verse 37:
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (NIV)
At first, I just read through it like "OK cool, God loves us and we conquer stuff through him and his love ok yup yeah cool." Then something told me to go back, and dig deeper...
I tend to think in short bursts (what I call "bullet-point style" lol); this is also how I do my verse mapping. So if you can follow me, here we go :)
- "All these things" - In the passage, this is relating to the previous verses in the chapter, regarding condemnation, trouble, hardship, and persecution. In the bigger picture relating to daily life, it relates to anything and everything in life (including hardships and troubles).
- "We are" - Not "we might be," but WE ARE (and YOU ARE!). No question about it!
- Overcome and take control of (a place or people) by use of military force
- Successfully overcome (a problem or weakness)
- Climb (a mountain) successfully
- This can be interpreted to mean that through him (God) and his love, we can conquer and overcome anything and everything. We can conquer any problems. We can successfully overcome any addictions, struggles, weaknesses, health issues, financial issues, anything can be overcome with God's love!!!
With God's love, anything is possible. We can conquer and overcome any setback, any issue, any problem, any frustration, anything and everything! His love is how I've overcome many problems in life, including cancer, and how I will continue to push forward in life!
"'If you can?' said Jesus. 'Everything is possible for one who believes.'" ~Mark 9:23 (NIV)
Never forget you're an overcomer!!! <3 God bless :)