Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Raindrops on the Window

Ahhh, rain.  Soothing, relaxing, cleansing, refreshing rain.  I love the smell of rain; that earthy fresh scent.  I believe that if God has a scent, it is Rain.  When I was a child, I remember riding in the back of our car while in the rain, watching the big raindrops fall onto the side window.  I remember how they would plop onto the top of the window, then roll on down the side.  They would start off rolling slowly; then as they progressed down the window's increasing angle, they would roll faster and faster.  I always thought about how that reminded me of life: life seems to start off really slow, then as you progress further through it, it gets faster and faster until it's just flying by.  I realize now that it is that way with most things in life: careers, relationships, many things.  The only thing, for me anyways, that is NOT that way is my relationship with God.  In fact, it's quite the opposite.  What started out as a sort of whirlwind romance, learning so much about Him and growing closer to Him quickly, has evolved into a peaceful, steady relationship.  I never feel overwhelmed by Him, other than when I feel overwhelmed by His love, grace, peace, and hope.  I never feel strained or pressured by Him, other than the gentle nudgings He gives me to guide me along His path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment