Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Sabbath

"If you watch your step on the Sabbath
and don't use my holy day for personal advantage,
If you treat the Sabbath as a day of joy, 
God's holy day as a celebration,
If you honor it by refusing 'business as usual,'
making money, running here and there - 
Then you'll be free to enjoy God!
Oh, I'll make you ride high and soar above it all. 
I'll make you feast on the inheritance of your ancestor Jacob."

~Isaiah 58:13-14 

I came across this scripture as I was reading the Bible this evening, and I was amazed yet again at how God always puts the perfect scripture in our lives at the right time!  This is literally how I spent my day - with God.  I arose this morning and prayed before church.  I then went to worship, which was amazing as always.  Chatted with my family, enjoyed the warm weather and some coffee with a friend, then came home and spent the rest of the day reading His Word, working on my online bible study, typing up my sermon recap, and praying.  And I must say, this is the best day I have had in a long time!  

I had been debating on whether or not to pick up some extra hours on Sundays at my part-time job.  I realize now this is the answer to my question!  God answered by scripture and by my experience today.  I literally felt like I spent the whole day with Him, talking to Him, listening to Him, learning from Him, loving Him, and being loved by Him.  As the passage said, I was free to enjoy God, and as I did He made me ride high and soar above everything!  I am so thankful for Christ, my church, and His Word!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment