Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Working for the Lord!


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if you were working for the Lord, not for man." 

~Colossians 3:23 (NIV)  

"Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters.  And don't just do the minimum that will get you by.  Do your best.  Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance.  Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you're serving is Christ."  

~ Colossians 3:23 (MSG)  

This scripture is one I am trying to focus on at work.  How I am doing this:
  • Instead of feeling overwhelmed and frustrated whenever I get more word piled on to my plate, I want to think of it as more work I can do for God, and more that I can do to glorify Him!   
  • Each person I interact with I can be a blessing to.  Hopefully they will see God's light in me!  
  • I can help make the lives of others easier:
    • Patients - make the information about procedures or insurance benefits clear and easy to understand; make scheduling and paying (checking out) easy; smile and make them feel welcome and at ease.  
    • Coworkers - help make their jobs easier by going above and beyond; leaving rooms and things better than I found them; helping make their time at work more enjoyable and rewarding.
  • Other scriptures:
    • Proverbs 22:9 (MSG) - "Generous hands are blessed hands, because they give bread to the poor."  
    • Hebrews 6:10 (NIV) - "God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them."  
    • Philippians 2:4 (MSG) - "Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead.  Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage.  Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." 
    • Luke 6:38 (MSG) - "Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back - given back with bonus and blessing.  Giving, not getting, is the way.  Generosity begets generosity."  
    • John 15:12 (NIV) - "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." 
    • Matthew 5:14-16 (NIV) - "You are the light of the world.  A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."  
    • Galatians 6:2 (NIV) - "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."  
    • Galatians 6:9 (NIV) - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  

No comments:

Post a Comment