Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Will Be With You


"I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."  

~Isaiah 43:1b-3a 

This verse is so incredibly reassuring!  It literally warms my soul, and makes me feel loved.  To think that God is there to protect me in the waves and fires of our lives is incredible!  He is there when I am at work when I am fighting fires with patients or other people.  He is there in my relationships when things get heated so I don't get burned.  He is there in my family when I feel like the waves of major change, economic stress, and life in general will wash us away.  He is there when I feel I will be drowned in a deep river of stress, yet my soul feels dry.  He is there in all of this, taking care of us, keeping us safe.  He is in control!  

In the midst of all our hardships, grievances, suffering, trials, and tribulations, God is there.  He never leaves us - we just have to seek Him always.  If we do not actively seek Him every moment of every day, then we may miss His presence in our lives.  We cannot know the incredible power of God unless we seek Him.  He has already met us more than halfway; we must just go our half to meet Him! 

Thank you for reading, God bless!!!  :)  


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the encouragment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen... its what we forget... that we have to be an active part of it too - SEEK HIM... Love it!

    ReplyDelete