Sunday, June 2, 2013

Trusting His Timing


Trust - firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something 

I have a firm belief that God is reliable, and will always provide and take care of me.  

I have a firm belief in the truth of God's Word.  

I have a firm belief in the ability of God to do amazing things with and in my life.

I have a firm belief in God's strength to provide me with strength, and to do incredible and seemingly impossible things.  

But why do I struggle with having a firm belief that God's timing is perfect?  

Sometimes (ok, often times!) I struggle with trusting God's timing.  Most days, I truly love my life and where I am at in life.  Other days, I feel frustrated with the wait for some of my heart's desires.  Why do I not have a higher-paying job already?  Why can I not find a good job in the field that I have a degree in?  Why do I not have a husband yet?  I could ask "why" questions all day, but I must remember to focus on the blessings I DO have, instead of my lack of what I THINK I need!  

In her book Stressed-Less Living, Tracie Miles says "I had temporarily and inadvertently allowed the frustrations to become my focus, instead of the life-saving promises of the Bible."  Sometimes, I allow my frustrations to become my focus, instead of focusing on Jesus Christ. When I realize this, I immediately pray for forgiveness and help on re-focusing myself.  The following scriptures are some of the ones I reflect on and guard my heart with when I feel the enemy is attacking:  

  • Proverbs 3:5 (MSG) - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."  Whenever I read this scripture, it reminds me that I do not need to have all the answers!  Even though I may not understand why God is making me wait for certain things, I have to trust (have a firm belief) that He has a reason for my wait.  
  • Romans 4:16 (MSG) - "This is why the fulfillment of God's promise depends entirely on trusting God and his way, and then simply embracing Him and what He does.  God's promise arrives as a pure gift..."  If I want to receive His amazing promises and blessings, then I must trust God with everything - including His timing!    
  • Romans 14:17-18 (MSG) - "...Your task is to single-mindedly serve Christ..."  This is the only thing that God asks of us!  Serving Christ is the only thing I should be focused on in my life - not acquiring wealth, not worrying about when I will have a husband, or anything else that the enemy tries to distract me with.  
  • Psalm 37:4-5 (ESV) - "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act."  I trust God with my life, and I know he will give me the desires of my heart - I cannot question his timing, because He has reasons for the wait!  
  • Romans 5:3-5 (MSG) - "There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next.  In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged.  Quite the contrary - we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!"  God teaches us patience in our times of waiting, and uses this to help us draw close to Him.  He will fill our lives with abundant blessings!  

I know He uses my waiting times to help me grow in my faith and to teach me patience.  He will give me the desires of my heart when He knows I am ready for them.  I trust that His ways are the best, and that He will provide exactly what I need when I need it - He has not failed me yet! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment