Newly realized blessings!
- This day - It is beautiful and the sun is shining!!! I love the warmth of summer heat! :)
- Answered prayers:
- My dad and brother have both recently received new jobs! These are long awaited, wonderful answers to many prayers! The wait was worth it, as they both love their new jobs :)
- One of my close friends (from my small group) underwent surgery for endometrial cancer. They had suspected she would have a long recovery and need chemo and/or radiation, but they were able to do the surgery with minimal recovery time, and she will not need follow-up treatments!
- Online Bible Study - "Stressed-Less Living" is such a blessing to me! I learned a lot through the book, Melissa's blog, and the blogs of others. I felt so encouraged and inspired by reading posts and interacting with amazing women, and having people comment on my blog - this helped me get through some difficult moments in the past few weeks! Proverbs 31 Ministries is amazing (their daily devotionals are wonderful too)!!!
- Recent vacation - I got to spend a week with one of my best friends, relaxing and having an adventure in Cabo!
Seeing His wonders in nature help me feel very close and connected to
- Office - we have a policy manual and have been starting reviews - things are shaping up, and I have great hope for the practice!
- Gideon Bible Study - I have started a new Bible study with two ladies from work. In one week I have already learned more new and incredible things. I am always amazed at how we can always be growing with the Lord, and how much closer we can get to Him. Priscilla Shirer is an amazing woman and author!
- Eating well - This is something I struggle with! Whenever I am focused on God, I find I can resist eating the whole bag of Oreos, and reaching for something healthier instead. When I am not focused on God, my eating (and everything in my world) goes awry!
- The wait - I have felt as though the majority of my adult life I have been waiting. Waiting for what exactly, I am not sure. Just waiting for something more in my life, something bigger, something that made me feel more important in the world. I have finally realized recently that we can always be waiting for something, or for more of something, but this is our life RIGHT NOW! I've seen it before and it never really clicked, but life is not a destination, it is a journey. This journey is my daily life - waking up and spending time with God and His Word, going to work and interacting with coworkers and patients (and attempting to be a blessing to them), spending time with friends and family, etc - this IS life! And as I go through this journey with God, I have become who I am today. If God had given me a big career that I had to spend many hours a week on, or a husband and a family of my own, I doubt I would be as close to Him as I am today, because I would not have had the time for building my relationship with Him; and would not be nearly as happy and peaceful as I am today! I am so thankful that I have found contentment in Him :)
Previously mentioned, and still wonderful blessings I like to reflect on:
- A wonderful, loving, amazing, powerful God!
- My awesome family
- Great friends
- Q-bert - my cat! Also my little yoga buddy (see below) :)
- All my needs are met!
- My two jobs
- My co-workers
- My health
- My church
- My small group